Starbucks, Walnut & San Fernando
This is one of the places I most often write.
- It’s huge–20 or so tables, plus six easy chairs. Also a patio with another few tables (but nothing nice to look at to make sitting outside particularly desirable).
- The people are friendly; I usually camp out there for four or five hours and they’re perfectly nice about it
- There are some food places nearby if I want to break for lunch, including a Zankou Chicken and a great salad place called The Chop Shop
- The parking is both plentiful and free
- Two bathrooms, neither with locks (I hate having to get/remember the code lock)
- Sometimes the music is played so loud I have to turn the iPod volume up way high.
- Parking lot can be a huge pain to drive through because of the drive-thru line.
- Since a lot of the tables are in the middle of the room, there aren’t always outlets… not a big issue for me but the biggest issue for some.
- Fairly often it’s so crowded I can’t get a table. That’s the big one.
Three Splashes of Soy Milk (out of five splashes)